Nowhere is safe, not even quiet places where we can sit down and enjoy good food. Five people were hurt when part of a restaurant ceiling fell on them as they dined beneath, police have said. They were treated by paramedics in the Sizzling Palate restaurant in Boston at about 2:30 PM on Saturday. One customer, who did not want to be named, said diners were shocked”.
A spokesman for the Indian restaurant said it happened in the basement of the three floor venue, which continued to trade as normal. He added: A section of a suspended ceiling in the lower ground restaurant came lose from its fixing and dropped. A number of clients sustained some minor cuts and bruising.
The consumer said: We were eating when suddenly it just fell. There was a table directly beneath and a table on the side, which were hit. People panicked, were shocked, had no idea what was happening so the men simply got up and tried to raise off the ceiling people.
There were a good 15-20 people that had to actually try and hold the ceiling up, once people got out from underneath, they put it back on the table. Fire and police were there fairly rapidly, within five minutes.”. The consumer said one woman, who had been wearing a restraint collar, had to be taken out on a stretcher. A spokesman for the restaurant on Bradshawgate said: One person was taken to hospital as a matter of precaution.” Be careful where you eat, people!
What is your reaction to this? Tell us in the comments below!