In today’s day and age, computers are one of the most important tools we have. We use it for a lot of different reasons, from communicating, to working, to even having fun. Computers are fairly easy to use too, but sometimes they can get a little complicated. But what if we told you that there are some things you can do on a computer that would make life easier for you!
Are you ready to know them?
- If you download a ‘PDF’ file and you see it ends in ‘.exe’ delete it. It’s usually a virus.
- If the WIFI at an airport/hotel costs money, add ‘?.jpg’ at the end of any URL (they usually don’t redirect images.)
- If you want to download a Youtube video, just add ‘ss’ to the URL between www. And Youtube.
- Did you accidentally close a Word file without saving? No autosave either? Worry not! Search .asd into file explorer under ‘my/this pc.’ The document will be there. Windows has your back!
- How to make an essay longer: Hit CTRL + F, search ‘.’ And change the font size of the periods from 12 to 14. They look almost exactly the same, but it will make your paper significantly longer!
- Highlight a selection in Word and hit Shift + F3 to make it all caps or all lowercase.
- When you copy something from the internet use CTRL + Shift + V to paste it. This will prevent the text from formatting.
- Save your PowerPoint presentations as a ‘PowerPoint Show’ (.ppsx) and it will open directly to the slideshow.
- Hit Alt and click on any Google image to have it automatically saved to your computer.
Did you find any of these tips or lifehacks useful? Share your thoughts on the comments section below!